I have added a number of photos that I have taken over the past several years to this photo-gallery web site. Select an image below to view the respective gallery. The Adobe Flash Player® is required to view the photos.
I hope you enjoy checking out the photos as much as I enjoyed putting this web site together.
Thanks, Don Ritchson.
- Portrait and Glamour Galleries
- Select this image or the "Portrait and Glamour Galleries" link on the right to view my recent portrait and glamour shots.
Selecting a small scrolling thumbnail on the bottom of the "Portrait and Glamour Galleries" page directs you to the respective model's image collection.
- Chromakey Photo Gallery
- Chromakey compositing is a technique for layering two images together. The top layer is shot against a green or blue background and when processed, the background color is removed, revealing another image behind. The models in this section were photgraphed against a green background and then the green background was subsequently replaced with a stock background.
- Photo Binder Studio Workshops
- A selection of photographs that I have taken at several Photo Binder Studio Workshops. The non-instructional workshops provide the models, make-up-artists, releases, lighting and props.
- Texas Renaissance Festival
- The Texas Renaissance Festival, Plantersville, Texas is one of the largest 16th Century Renaissanse theme parks in the US. The park is open every Saturday and Sunday in October and November. There are multiple photo galleries and photos in each year's collection. Select the image to view the galleries.
- Dickens on the Strand
- Dickens on The Strand, Galveston, Texas is an enchanted journey through history as a bustling 19th Century cityscape comes to life. For an entire weekend in December, hundreds of costumed vendors and performers provide a look at the pomp and pageantry of the British Empire, at a time when commercial and cultural ties provided a strong connection between London and Galveston, at that time, the largest and richest city in Texas.
- Scottish Highlands and Islands 2009
- The trip begins in Glasgow, Scotland then to Gretna Green and Carlisle, including Carlisle Castle, which has guarded England's frontier with Scotland since the 11th century. Then off to Edinburgh, and the Edinburgh Castle. In the Scottish Highlands, the trip continues to the Highland capital of Inverness and the unique Orkney Islands. Addtional photos are included of the Isles of Skye and Mull.
- Scenic Ireland 2008
- Travel to Dublin. Kilkenny to visit its castle. A baking demonstration at Ballyknocken House. To Blarney and Cork. A private boat to Garinish Island. Enjoy the Ring of Kerry and Killarney. To Dingle Peninsula, Limerick, the Cliffs of Moher, Connemara, and the small fishing town of Clifden. Kylemore Abbey, a massive castle acquired by the Benedictine nuns, then the rugged Atlantic Coast of Donegal before discovering Northern Irish life in Derry. Visit the Giant's Causeway, then travel south via Belfast and the Boyne Valley.
- Chelsea Flower Show - May 2002
- The Royal Horticulture Society Chelsea Flower Show is the ultimate event in the gardening year. It sets the latest gardening trends, features the newest and most desirable gardening products and creates an explosion of colors and scents. Cutting-edge garden design and thousands of perfect blooms; top growers and world-class designers; scents and sights and shopping galore. Chelsea is crammed with leading lights, big name designers and the spectacle you'd expect at the world's greatest gardening event.
- Brugge, Belgium - May 2002
- Brugge is called: 'The Venice of the North'. This splendid medieval city is one of Belgium's crown jewels. In no other European city the feel and the look of medieval times are so present as here in this city near the North Sea. Brugge is unique, in the sense that here the town authorities have done the utmost to preserve the medieval-looking image of the city and the combination of old, not so old, and new fascinates everyone who first sets foot in Brugge.
I hope to take at least one photo trip a year and who knows what distant lands lie ahead.